Thursday, 5 May 2011

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo




This might be really childlish from me, changing strategies all the time. As I have been writing you, I suffer from unable to adopt rule based trading. My trading has been more intuitive then rule based.

I've chosen ichimoku because it's well known strategy with well known rules, not something I made up myself. It's highly selective, and will enter trades on shorter term TF (30min, 1h or 4h) in the direction of the daily and weekly charts where all mentioned criteria match!


Yesterdays trade was EURUSD long @ 1,4869, exit @ TP 1,4918. during the London session.

5 comments:

  1. Ichimoku kinko hyo is quite similar to moving averages, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, consist of moving averages and higs/low ratios ... think more flexible then pure MA's. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never really studied this indy and strategy. I hear that it is used on strategies so it should have an impact on the market.

    If it contains MAs then It ranks in the part of MAs worlds strategies or vica-versa. We will see whats the progress here. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    Ichimoku is a nice indicator, when I begin to trade I started with it.
    Works fine, my problem was that have a little delay sometimes to give you a entry. But overall is good.

    I have to make a note about you saying that you have difficult to follow rules, you will really need to work on that, if you don't you will continue change strategy all the time, try to police yourself about it.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julia for your support. If you have any good book about ichimoku I would appreciate it.

    Best regards,

    ReplyDelete